Public Service Administration
In collaboration with the Whitworth College of Arts & Sciences, the School of Continuing Studies offers a B.A. in Public Service Administration. This interdisciplinary degree builds on the strength of a liberal arts core curriculum, providing the adult student with a balanced and coherent study of the arts, humanities, and natural and social sciences. Whitworth is dedicated to providing an academically excellent liberal arts education that will equip each student with the skills necessary to respond creatively to the personal and professional challenges of life.
Learning outcomes of this major prepare the student to...
- identify and analyze legal and ethical issues in the public sector.
- understand and articulate the administration and role of public service in society.
- demonstrate knowledge and application of leadership styles within the public sector.
- demonstrate public speaking and presentation skills required for leadership roles in the public sector.
- demonstrate critical-thinking skills required to maintain a sustainable organization.
Requirements for Public Service Administration, B.A. (39)
|LS 305||Introduction to Public Service Leadership||3|
|PO 302||Legal Issues in Social & Behavioral Studies||3|
|JMC 311||Public Relations and Communication||3|
|PO 371||Introduction to Public Administration||3|
|SO 466||Ethics in Public Service||3|
|SP 352||Conflict Management||3|
|EC 345||Economics of Social Issues||3|
|SO 303||Globalization and Social Change And Wealth||3|
|BU 373||Human Resource Management||3|
|PO 360||Leading Sustainable Organizations||3|
|BU 330||Fund Accounting and Budget Management||3|
|SO 315||Funding and Grant Writing||3|
|LS 470W||Strategic Leadership in Public Service Organizations||3|